Yanmar 4LV pump problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wmmarcum61

As Captain of a work boat my Company installed 2- 230 HP Yanmar 4 LV motor's in a Brand New aluminum Boat. At 1000 hr my starboard motor started dropping off (losing power). A couple of warranty mechanics came to the boat checked everything out and determined we had to pull the motor and send it back to the factory for testing. Now the company had to buy another motor to keep the boat working. After all the factory testing they determined we had water in our fuel and that's what caused the fuel pump to fail. We have the raycore systems two motors and generator all coming off the same tank. We also transfer fuel to other equipment. We've always used new fuel and I find it absurd for them to blame it on water in our system. Now the port motor with 1500 hours is doing the same thing and the brand new replacement for the starboard motor is doing it at 530 hours. I do believe they have a fuel pump problem and don't want to acknowledge it. I'm reaching out to see if anybody else is having this problem with the Yanmar diesels. Naturally they're saying warranty doesn't cover the issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom