Anchor Drag Alarm Feature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the anchor doesn't set, just retrieve and start over again.

Why bother? Seems a lot easier to adjust the anchor's position on the anchor drag alarm.

Ted

Anchor Alarm

My Garmin chart plotter allows me to set a point anywhere with cursor and use that point for anchor drag gps. It also has a deep/shallow water alarm. And I added a very loud alarm to the device.

The app Anchor Pro does that. I hit Set Anchor and then Relative Location. Then you can enter the distance and the bearing to the anchor, say 95 feet bearing 212 degrees. Works well for us.

I have several anchor drag alarms onboard that all set the anchor location based on your current GPS position. Wondering if anyone has one that allows you to point on a chart where your anchor is without using current position?

As an example, lets say you power set your anchor. From where you dropped the anchor to where it's finally set is now 75' away. You know the anchor is North of you and you put out 100' of rode is there an alarm app that allows you to point on the screen where you think your anchor is? It would be nice to touch a spot on the screen that indicates 100' from your position and set the drag alarm to that point.

Ted
I usually drop my anchor from the helm. Once I release the anchor and it hits bottom, before I start to set it I mark the location with a waypoint that I will remove when I leave the anchorage.

Back
Top Bottom