AI is just slightly off on anchor size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjisailor

Screenshot of the top Google results I got today after doing a search for recommended 11' dinghy anchors (which, BTW, I ordered the Mantis 2.5lb one which I hear is great and is on sale).

Or maybe someone can jump in to say why the AI is right (LOL) Can't make up how bad this is getting!

Oh and the highlight is what Google added, I guess to make sure I got the point.

1000009702.png

Sounds about right to ensure the boat stays anchored… forever. Also… How much does 300’ of chain weigh for a 1,000 lb anchor?

My guess is AI is no mariner and meant to say 1000lbs holding power.

It's not an AI answer, that was just google giving search results. That was a quote from an article on Cudapowersports.com. Like many modern websites the content was created by people with no subject matter expertise, cheaply, and for the purpose of providing content to help them in google searches. In this case effective because google is sharing their content even though we all know it is a bad answer. But not an AI answer. Even chatgpt is smarter than that.

It's not an AI answer, that was just google giving search results. That was a quote from an article on Cudapowersports.com. Like many modern websites the content was created by people with no subject matter expertise, cheaply, and for the purpose of providing content to help them in google searches. In this case effective because google is sharing their content even though we all know it is a bad answer. But not an AI answer. Even chatgpt is smarter than that.
The post is intended to be humorous :) ... but nevertheless, I agree with you about the website although my guess is that the content on that website is AI generated. It has all of the structural hallmarks of AI content. (Either way, Google will happily tell you that their web results use AI, too. That's a huge ad campaign by them right now!)

I guess my real point is that the Internet is rapidly degrading. Not that it was ever particularly reliable! Just getting worse AFAICT and worth a laugh about anchors 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom