As a newb, what should I steer clear of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boulton that’s an excellent start to developing an SOR - statement of requirements. Yes it would make for an excellent new thread. Hint hint

Boulton that’s an excellent start to developing an SOR - statement of requirements. Yes it would make for an excellent new thread. Hint hint
So what do you suggest? Just cut and paste, Rob's question and my answer. Add a new title and make a new thread?

Now these bigger boats are a new beast to the Admiral and I.

This will not be your last boat. Get what ticks as many boxes as you can, use the boat. You don't really know how you're going to use he boat until you actually start using it.

Many years ago, I started in the market for a small walk-around that I could fish from and had a bathroom. That meant that everything I was looking at had a small cabin. This got me thinking that I could do a few overnights.

Once I started showing my wife, we started discussing what we wanted to do with boat. She made a list and I made a list. We concatonated the lists with just those things there were on both her list and my list. We suddenly realized fishing was out and overnighting was in.

We ended up with a 28 ft express cruiser. We started using it like a day boat that we slept on in the marina. Then we started overnighting. We fell in love with anchoring out overnight. After 10 years, the 28 foot express was just too small to go as far was wanted for as long as we wanted.

Short Story: This will not be your last boat.

So what do you suggest? Just cut and paste, Rob's question and my answer. Add a new title and make a new thread?

If you'd like, I'll cut and paste your list of Qs into a new thread for general discussion so we don't hijack this thread. PM me if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom