Bullet Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Offshore

Veteran Member
I need " Reverse Image " bullet camera.
Raymarine camera is ridiculously expensive.
Does anyone have any suggestions for less expensive one.
It has to be Reverse Image

Understand frustration with $ amount. You can get the Sony CMOS 2.0 that the RM 210 is based on in any $50 outdoor camera.
AFAIK the reversing is a software function of a display unit, don't believe a camera does that. Am I wrong?

When I got the axiom chart plotter I saw it could accept a camera. Great, until I tried to find one that would work and not be hundreds of $.
I have two cheap wifi camera and neither is seen by axiom.

All the wiring is in place from the bad camera to my chartplotter so I want to keep it as clean installation as possible.
If I can find n inexpensive Image Reverse bullet camera, I'm good to go but finding it is an issue.

What brand /model camera is in place now?
Furunos I'm familiar with (TZ or Navnet) have standard analog rca video input. Nothing special there.
Is your existing camera is a higher end unit?
See one internet supplier that links a Sionyx as an accessory.
This is a completely different level of quality and exponentially more expensive, proprietary CMOS and it's own installation / application software.
That may be where the image reversing capability you are seeking resides.

I was a raymarine
There has to be inexpensive reverse image bullet cameras somewhere that will be compatible with Furuno chart plotters.
I use it to watch the dinghy being towed

Next suggestion is post to the furunousaforum. It is pretty good, see what Johnny Electron has to say.
Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom