Crossing Back to USA from Canada - CBP App?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ertyqway

Vessel Name
Jackaroo
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 42 Sedan
Getting ready to head out on our summer cruise from Seattle up to BC and I was updating all our documentation. I went to update the CBP Roam app in anticipation of crossing back into the US, and it seems permanently broken at login and no longer supported now? I see CBP is planning to switch everything over to the CBP One app, but when I install and open that, it does not yet support sea travel. So .... what now? Are we back to the old days of radios and semaphore?

My wife and I both have Nexus cards, so we don't actually need to stop into a designated port to cross the border. Calling the Nexus number to report is fine (despite always being put on hold for ages), but is CBP ever going to figure out how to use these newfangled computer thingies? Anybody know the inside scoop on this?

I just checked CBP Roam. At first I had issues with it logging me off but then it worked. I would suggest you keep trying.

You can try calling the Nexus number. Last year I did it that way but it was a big hassle.

What Nexus gets you is a most likely automatic approval with out needing to have a conference call with CBP. Most US boats entering the US are no longer required to enter via a customs port. Most of everything is handled with a conference call via CBP Roam app.

First, make sure you have given the app approval know your location and to accept alerts from the app. Failure to do this will result in the app not working correctly.

Secondly, don't submit your request until you are in US waters otherwise you will be denied.

Login to the CBP Roam app is requiring a 2-factor authentication, and the code CBP is sending me on my phone fails every time. I literally have no way to get into the app. Reading up on this, it appears to be a common problem and the only way to (temporarily) fix it is to completely delete both the app AND my login.gov account then reinstall/recreate? Not doing that. Too many other things linked to the login.gov account for that to be feasible.

Do you know what CBP's plans for switching over to CBP One for sea entry are?

I was having the same issue this morning and then I got in. Not sure what I did differently to get in on my third try.

I see the problem. Do not use the enter key on your key pad. You need to exit the key pad and hit the submit button on the app.

Back
Top Bottom