Hello! Is this a trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annalisa

Hello!
I was fortunate to grow up sailing on the Sunshine Coast and Gulf Islands BC - my father owned a 27' Tumlarin.
Many years later I have become enamoured with trawlers. Is this in fact classified as a trawler?
I'd love to find out more about this particular design.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_9939 (0-00-00-00).jpg
    IMG_9939 (0-00-00-00).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 249
I’d call it a trawler. Looks like a fishing boat conversion to me. Could have been a troller or long liner, or maybe some other purpose built vessel. Looks like steel hull, would do ultrasound on it.

Yep, a trawler. Helluva lot more 'trawler' than 90% of the owner boats on TF. Looks like the aft cabin is full-width which would be a bit odd, and of course condition looks to be neglected.....but definitely a trawler.

Welcome. I this pictured vessel something you are considering buying, or is it just its doughty looks you like?

Welcome. I this pictured vessel something you are considering buying, or is it just its doughty looks you like?
It's somewhat abandoned in dry dock - not considering buying it but I might look into getting the hull and mechanics looked at if it does become available. The doughty looks of it indeed are what caught my eye! It looks like it could punch through rough water well, and of course go for miles (I'm guessing a diesel engine in the middle below the pilot house). It just looks like it's built like a "classy tank" which I really appreciate haha.

Full length keel. Full displacement. Steel. Up swept stern. Definitely a trawler. Not only would it punch through waves nicely, it would do great in following seas.

Greetings,
Mr./Ms. A. One thing I might respectfully comment on: "...looks like it could punch through rough water well...". Perhaps but personally I try to avoid rough water like the plague. ONE thing to get caught out in it (Either misinterpret weather forecasts or believe incorrect forecasts). Totally another to go out when I should have stayed in. I don't care what my boat "looks" like. If in doubt, I don't go out. Worst thing to keep on a boat is ANY sort of schedule. My $.02.

Back
Top Bottom