Man Overboard Alerts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just purchased but have not yet installed an MOB+ engine cutout switch. It pairs with a fob that activates on contact with water. My primary use case is for one-handing, which I do a fair amount of, positioning the boat ahead for wife and family to join and such. I have a mental movie of going over the side when stepping out the pilot house door to attend to something on deck while the boat is on autopilot and watching it chug off into the distance. I plan to zip it into my PFD, which also has an inflation activated AIS beacon and strobe looped in. But it can also be worn on a bracelet by a child or a collar by a pet.
I have had a similar movie play through my head as well in the same scenario, I single hand our boat most of the time when traveling distance, so I always wear an inflatable PFD and a harness, lanyard and carabiner clip that fits over 1" SS rail / stanchion tube and live by "three points of contact" when moving about outside the cabin of the boat. if I go down the ladder from the bridge, I clip on , climb down, two feet on deck, on hand on a rail and one hand unclips and reattaches to another rail -
Since buying our Carver Voyager PH, its much safer being able to use the inside ladder to the bridge but you still need to be aware of trips and falls as the boat pitches and rolls.

Back
Top Bottom