My first Journey.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J. Landin

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lehman’s Terms
Vessel Make
1975 34’ Marine Trader Sedan
Going on my first real journey in my 1975 Marine Trader 34’ Sedan. The trip is only about 25 miles in the ICW in Florida from my slip in Sebastian to my Sisters house dock in Satellite Beach.
Engine:
Ford Lehman 120 w/800hrs on rebuild
New raw water pump and hoses, coolant and coolant hoses, heat exchanger, oil coolers and hoses.
Engine Oil, injection pump oil, and filter change
Transmission:
Fluid change, new cooler and oil hoses
Electrical:
100% new
DC panel, wiring and loads (new)
AC panel, wire and loads (new)
Victron Multiplus II Inverter, Cerbo GX monitoring, Orion 30a DC to DC charger
400aHr lithium house batteries 2/0 wiring
New Engine starter, wiring and 2 new group 31 starter batteries

Engine runs about 175 deg cruising. Oil pressure is 53 psi

All seems well which brings me to my question.
Anything I am missing?
Do these Ford Lehman’s just keep running as long as they have raw water, fuel and oil pressure?
What should I be looking out for?

Thanks

+1 on towing. Can save big $$ but also provides peace of mind. Carry a few spare impellers and Racor filters and of course some tools. Yes the Lehmans are really reliable. Have fun!

The Lehmans are old but they run forever. They do have a known problem with the number 6 cylinder overheating but it isn’t very common. The Lehman guru is Brian at American Diesel. He is very willing to give advice and is the go to for parts. 804-435-3107

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have SeaTow Gold.

Sounds like a lot of work was recently done. Check for leaks and make sure your bilge pumps are working. Start the engines and look them over at the dock before leaving. Are belts properly tightened or are they slipping or showing vibration? Anything dripping? Check all the wiring and panels for excess heat. The infra-red thermometers are your friend. New doesn't necessarily mean correct. Then do a visual of your engine room every hour while running.

Back
Top Bottom