new boater need some idea on how to fix or set up some stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a dedicated circuit probably 20amp should fix the issue as long as you are not drawing to much power for the 30 amp pedestal when it cycles on

A breaker run at or near their rating too often will eventually not be able to handle the rated load. A simple test would be to swap the load wire to another 15A breaker.
Of course start with making sure the terminal is tight on the suspect breaker. AND make sure all power is disconnected, even inverters.

a dedicated circuit probably 20amp should fix the issue as long as you are not drawing to much power for the 30 amp pedestal when it cycles on
Reminds me of the penny under the blown fuse. Unless the A/C is meant to be run on a 20A breaker do not do this. Yes it will work, but an electrical fire is possible from overheating wires inside the A/C not sized for 20A.

The OP isn’t using a marine A/C but rather a portable household A/C. It doesn’t have cooling water so Barnacle Buster can’t be used in it.

Reminds me of the penny under the blown fuse. Unless the A/C is meant to be run on a 20A breaker do not do this. Yes it will work, but an electrical fire is possible from overheating wires inside the A/C not sized for 20A.
I would suggest he is probably overloading the wire now, using a Domestic AC, my suggestion is to spread the load

Back
Top Bottom