New to the forum, Researching custom steel trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbull

Looking forward to reviewing posts about custom trawlers. Have been a sailer for many decades and still enjoy our sailboat. We own a Customized Delta 28 Dive Boat that we use for weekends and other short adventures. Now retired and looking for a trawler for spending several months a year on. A commercial type hull, Heavy lamination , or steel, room for plenty of storage, easily handled by two.

Fits your bill, easily handled by one actually despite weighing 68 tons.

Fits your bill, easily handled by one actually despite weighing 68 tons.

Thanks for sharing, She is an amazing vessel. Most of our cruising will be on the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico, I am hoping to stay in the 4 foot draft. Probably going to mean 40’ or so. Thanks again

Webbers Cove Custom Trawler

Deja Bleu Pender Hbr.jpg

I have a 38’ steel Diesel Duck trawler. I listed it around 2022 in the for sale section of the forum. I am thinking of putting it back on the market. Do a search for Diesel Duck and it will probably come up. Contact me if you want to talk about it.

A properly engineered and built steel trawler will have no more maintenance than a fiberglass boat...maybe even less as they do not flex as much and develop gel coat cracks. Modern coating systems applied under clinical conditions and the use of 316L stainless steel for parts subject to chafe make rust a non issue. I've been going to the Netherlands for more than 50 years and am there many times annually. The Dutch build superb yachts, but there are great builders and others not so great.

A properly engineered and built steel trawler will have no more maintenance than a fiberglass boat...maybe even less as they do not flex as much and develop gel coat cracks. Modern coating systems applied under clinical conditions and the use of 316L stainless steel for parts subject to chafe make rust a non issue. I've been going to the Netherlands for more than 50 years and am there many times annually. The Dutch build superb yachts, but there are great builders and others not so great.
So true. Also, make sure the steel boat is properly insulated-steel boats typically rust from the inside out due to condensation you can’t see or treat behind paneling.

I have a 38’ steel Diesel Duck trawler. I listed it around 2022 in the for sale section of the forum. I am thinking of putting it back on the market. Do a search for Diesel Duck and it will probably come up. Contact me if you want to talk about it.
I looked up your old add. Is she still on the West Coast? She looks to be an incredible vessel. Let me know if you do decide to put her back on the market. We are hoping to find something on the East Coast,
Thanks

Looking forward to reviewing posts about custom trawlers. Have been a sailer for many decades and still enjoy our sailboat. We own a Customized Delta 28 Dive Boat that we use for weekends and other short adventures. Now retired and looking for a trawler for spending several months a year on. A commercial type hull, Heavy lamination , or steel, room for plenty of storage, easily handled by two.
Welcome aboard

JB
I could name many boats that could fit your needs. But first, what is your budget? Then comes cruising grounds, proven design, range, stabilized or not, fixer upper or ready to go, cockpit, side decks etc etc.

Absent any desirements, how about a Nordhavn 47/52?

Hello, this is John Torelli and I have a few questions related to your boats hull design. If you could email at N4061@yahoo.com possibly we can connect. thanks

John, I'm starting to research our next boat and looking at aluminum and steel manufactured boats built in the Netherlands. I would really appreciate an opportunity to talk with you on the phone one day if you would not mind. Please email me at N4061@yahoo.com if you are interested in just talking about boats and I will provide you my cell phone number. thanks

John T. Nordhavn, 4050, 4061, 3522 / Helmsman 38E / Electric Launch under construction (OK, I left off a few boats) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom