NMEA 2000 WiFi portal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loon

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Irene Mae
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36
Greetings electronics nerds, I know this is kind of a shot in the dark but I’m trying to find a fellow boater who has successfully added a NMEA 2000 wifi portal (like a WiFi gateway YDWG-02) to their system in order to access that hub’s info on their iPad through wifi, specifically for use on their Navionics program app. Thanks in advance.
Loon

I have a few separate N2K WiFi gateways. Works good for getting data on Navionics or Timezero on laptop. What specific questions do you have?

I use a Quark A036 It's an excellent gateway, I had some issues getting the Wifi to work correctly but I figured out it was a radio close by transmitting on the same frequency. Moved the radio and everything works as it should.

My goal as stated in the original thread was to simply add the YDWG-02 or equivalent in the N2K system. Then be able to pick up the data on my iPad. A couple of other responders make me think that I need a separate WiFi to re-transmit the data. Any thoughts?
Loon

Greetings electronics nerds, I know this is kind of a shot in the dark but I’m trying to find a fellow boater who has successfully added a NMEA 2000 wifi portal (like a WiFi gateway YDWG-02) to their system in order to access that hub’s info on their iPad through wifi, specifically for use on their Navionics program app. Thanks in advance.
Loon
I have done with the same unit. I use it with my laptop since it more powerful and a brighter screen. No Ipad. It took about 20 min. to set up and works just fine. No other device is needed.

Thank, I think I’ll give it a try. Thanks everyone.
Loon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom