Oil senders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Croix du Sud

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Croix du Sud
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Europa # 842
Hi all
My 1988 oil senders are weary and one permanently reads 5 bar. The GB owner’s book provide the reference : VDO 362.081/001/001but this is no longer available. Did any of you faced the same replacement problem and identify a VDO equivalent sender ?
Thanks for reading
JeanL
Croix du Sud
GB 36 # 842

You will need to know the ohm range of the current sender and the oil pressure range of the gauge. Then you can call and ask the company that now makes VDO gauges, Veratron, what sender will work.

If you replace both the sender and gauge and get them as a matched set, they will work. I once replaced a sender and it didn't work, I then bought the matching gauge and all was good.

Yes, I put new gauges in our boat last winter. They are “VDO” but are now made by Veratron. I was sent 3 different senders for the new gauge. None worked. In calling Veratron I found that they didn’t make a sender for the gauges I had. I asked why they would make a gauge that there were no senders for. Their answer was “I don’t know “. Makes you wonder. Finally they sent me different new gauges that they make a sender for and it worked fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom