Raymarine upgrade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DW1979OA

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dream Weaver
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander/Pilot House
The system I had for the last 10 years was the Raymarine 12” E125 and E127. One on the fly bridge and the other in the pilot house I have Actisense to input data from the FL120 Lehmans. Full suite of all the Raymarine goodies. Everything's worked great.
Then I had read how wonderful the Axioms are and decided that maybe an upgrade was in order. Every year I try to upgrade something. Last year new anchor and chain.
So I ordered the new 12” Axiom units and rotating out the old and installing the new went relatively smoothly. But when it came to setting up the screens I felt that I had taken a step backwards. I use my MFD primarily in the split screen mode with the chart on the left and the engine dashboard on the right. Everything I needed and more right there in front of me.
So now with the Axion 12” I can get a good chart display or a good (but not wonderful) engine dashboard when in dedicated viewing. But when going to split screen the engine data gets jacked around and some is now missing.
I think that if I had separate MFDs for chart and engine data I would have been satisfied to some extent. But that was not what I budgeted for and helm space for that was not a current option.
So I’m going back to the original setup with the E127 and E125 for my trip to Desolation Sound in 3 weeks.
I will add that the Raymarine support has been great. Just that the new product in its current form doesn’t meet my needs.

Back
Top Bottom