Swallowing the Anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montenido

Vessel Name
Ansedonia
Vessel Make
Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Hello folks, it is with mixed emotions that I tell you that Ansedonia has sold. After 16 years and 5 boats over 30', we have decided to call it quits. I want to thank everybody on this forum who have offered advice and helped solve some of the many problems onboard over the years. We put over 1000 hours on the motors of Ansedonia, traveling somewhere around 9000 nautical miles. We have loved cruising in the Sea of Cortez for most of that time, meeting great people along the way.

Anyway, I bid a fond farewell to you folks. May your travels be smooth and safe.

Cheers, Bill

I wish you well in your journey going forward.

Good luck and happiness in your journey ... thanks for being a part of this forum.

Thanks for your contributions, but keep in mind that you can still participate here.

I have just done it. Its a hard decision, made easier for me because the man who looked after my boat in Turkey wanted to buy it, and will let me use it for a final trip when it becomes possible to go there. I never wanted my boat to go unused, but all last year I could not get to it, and this year looks as bad. at least now it will be used by someone I know, and it will be well looked after. Really at 75, and although recovered well from both heart attack and stroke, it was only a matter of time before a 45 foot boat became a bit much for the two of us to sail. Sometimes you just need to accept the reality of advancing years and decide to do other things. For us it will be visiting Italy, Portugal, and other places, mostly in Europe. Even that is now on hold. Strangely, my wife, who took a long time to decide that she liked sailing, is more upset about the decision, but it was me who put in quite a lot of work on the boat, and did all the physical work of sailing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom