What Size ID Raw Water Intake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcheairs

Veteran Member
Before I start cutting hoses to install a Perko inline flush kit (for winterizing with antifreeze), does anyone know what size inside diameter my raw water pump for a 1986 Crusader 7.4 454 (closed cooling) engine would use? At the thru hull shutoff valve I can see clearly that it's smaller than other 1 1/2" hoses used elsewhere in the system, so my guess is that it is a 1" ID hose or a 1 1/4" ID hose. The crusader parts manual which I have is of no help. This operation will be done with the boat in the water. Thanks.

You may be able to identify the ID by using the OD. Helps to know the type of hose and manufacturer if you can identify that.

I just replaced my hoses. I found that it was a lot easier to remove the hose without cutting than I anticipated. (Not easy, but a whole lot easier than I thought). I was able to remove one end of the existing hose to measure the barbed fitting it was on. I was then able to replace the hose on that fitting and order the new hose I needed. TFers gave great advice on how to remove the hose.

Thread 'Help with removing raw water intake hoses.' Help with removing raw water intake hoses.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. The link to hose removal does not work..I'll search YouTube..

The ID of the seacock is the limiting factor, if it’s 1” or 1 1/4, increasing hose size beyond that will do nothing.

Raw water pump is a Sherwood E-35. 1" inlet and outlet..detective work complete!
Thanks for all of the responses and sugestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom