KK 42 Mast/boom lifting capacity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lewismd007

Anyone know the lifting capacity of the Mast/boom on the KK 42? Looking to put an 11 ft tender on deck....around 450/500 lbs.

Anyone know the lifting capacity of the Mast/boom on the KK 42? Looking to put an 11 ft tender on deck....around 450/500 lbs.

There have been several threads discussing the capacity of mast and boom configurations on members' boats, though I don't specifically recall any discussing the KK42.

There are a number of variables that you need to take into consideration:
Height of mast and length of boom,
The materials used and their integrity, age, original design criteria,
Whether and how many stays, where they are attached, whether backing plates are used,
Mechanical advantage by number of blocks in the boom elevation line and in the hoisting line,
Whether manual or power assisted.

Once you know that you have a capable lifting system, is the storage location sufficiently strong that a load of that magnitude can be supported, along with 2 heavy guys securing it in place.

You need to post your conclusions after your research is complete.

Completely agree.....I am hoping that someone has already done all of this homework and are willing to share it! :socool:

500 lbs for lift, 750 lbs total bridge deck storage

Thanks Scott! I've watched every one of your videos! It was a BIG reason why I chose the KK 42!

Back
Top Bottom