raymarine gps antennae replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duetto

Vessel Name
GEM
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 34
hi all,

we have a 2003 34 pilot. i'm pretty sure i need to replace the gps antennae. i think it's a raystar 120. has anyone replaced theirs's with something OTHER than a 120 or 125? if so what product did you use and how big is the project?

thanks,

john

If you're replacing the mfd as well as the antenna, most have built in antennas. I replaced an old Garmin unit on my 2007 P34, I think it was a 3006 unit with the roof mounted antenna. I replaced it with a Garmin 1042, with built in antenna and just left the old antenna on the roof. To replace with a new external antenna, you have to get the wire down to the display. On the hardtop, like mine, there is a wire way, but you will likely have to remove the headliner. Not sure how the wire was routed on the soft top version.

a standalone with built in gps is on my list but i want to keep the old mfd for radar. i think i've landed on mounting the new mushroom antennae inside cabin in front of steering wheel. there is a seatalk junction box mounted under the hinged platform.

thanks again

This is a good opportunity to begin the upgrade of your boat's electronics. The RS150 receiver is a good start. It has NMEA 2k or seatalk ng output, which can be converted to seatalk through a raymarine seatalk to seatalk ng converter. Using the converter will allow you to start upgrading to NMEA 2k while still using the legacy Raymarine MFD

Back
Top Bottom