AIS Mounting on a MS400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
I'm wondering where other Mainship 400 owners have mounted AIS? I have an AIS with internal GPS and would like to mount it where I won't need an external antenna. Preferably up on the fly-bridge. Just wondering what others may have done.

That's where mine is. Put it where the GPS antenna was installed. The old Raymarine chartplotter was replaced with a Raymarine Axiom, which has an internal antenna.

I just mount mine on flybridge as well, under instrument panel. It has internal GPS but I'm afraid you will need AIS antenna or splitter to existing VHF antenna (which is not preferable). My VHF antenna is in starboard and new AIS antenna on port. MS 390.

I just mount mine on flybridge as well, under instrument panel. It has internal GPS but I'm afraid you will need AIS antenna or splitter to existing VHF antenna (which is not preferable). My VHF antenna is in starboard and new AIS antenna on port. MS 390.
Thanks for the reply.
The AIS I bought has a splitter for the antenna that I was going to use. I could install a separate antenna if the splitter does not work.

That's where mine is. Put it where the GPS antenna was installed. The old Raymarine chartplotter was replaced with a Raymarine Axiom, which has an internal antenna.
Thanks for the reply. I will mount mine under the instrument panel.

Back
Top Bottom