Purchasing used electronics (Victron System)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super deal" Look at it this way, if it doesn't work, it still looks pretty mounted in the boat LOL! Being a retired Electronic Engineer, I fear not any used electronics if price is right. Saved thousands by buying a used Raymarine AP to just fix a bad CPU.

I wish I had a more component level understanding of electronics. Replacing a failed board is easy. Fixing that failed board is something I have never had luck with.

Let me know when you want side jobs...Ill send you my Vintage Stereo equipment I have been holding on to:D

He said it came out of one of his customers RV when they upgraded. So far everything he told me has checked out.
There's a lot of that going on. Dealer can offer a decent trade in and become a reputable seller of gear.

I'm thinking of trading in my 9 month old inverter :). The world moves fast.

I'm thinking of trading in my 9 month old inverter :). The world moves fast.

LOL...yes. I bought a Balmar Alternator and MC-618 and installed it several months ago. But then I go and read about the Wakespeed!!! :banghead:

Just catching up. Good haul. You can test all of it, use what suits, eBay the rest, and maybe walk away square.

I don't do FB much but keep an eye on Kijiji - our answer to Craigslist. My son tells me I'm missing all the action.

In any case with patience, skills and a good idea of where you're going you're set up for success. Well done.

You have to wonder at the first gen systems. They were far from perfect, often built ad hoc, and rarely carefully matched to use case.

So early adopters get really enthusiastic and go for a new build. No different than gaming computers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom