Taiwan water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SIBERNUT

Guru
So I'm replacing the shelf under my 1984 Khoudung 30ft.
The hot water discharge is on the BOTTOM. Relief and check valve both on bottom nipple. Not changed, this is original, labels right side up etc. Anybody with one like this ever check ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240821_155628336_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240821_155628336_HDR.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20240821_162141727.jpg
    IMG_20240821_162141727.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 33
I wonder if that is a wall mount pressed into service as a horizontal. Hard to say without seeing how the internal plumbing is set up.

Don't know , but Barking Sands has the same one. Original, in a similar boat.

Can't figure how to edit, but meant to say hot water out should have been plumbed on top no matter what.

Can't figure how to edit, but meant to say hot water out should have been plumbed on top no matter what.
You would think so. Hopefully you can disassemble the plumbing ok and reconfigure.

You might try contacting the manufacturer, they may still be around (I can see the tag in your photo but can't read it), and I have found Taiwanese companies to be remarkably responsive.

Well, you're too late. Put that sucker back on its perch in the ER. Heirogliphics and stick figures are beyond me.

But someone here might be able to read them…

Normal water heaters like in a house put water in the bottom, out at the top.
1 heater does not leak
2 water gets hot
What it says is irrelevant, I don't need a personal relationship with it.

I was able to enlarge and clean up the photo, and I shared it with a colleague in Taiwan, he was able to read the "stick figures and hieroglyphics", here's the manufacturer's website, still in business. ³Í±Û¼ö¯à¬ì§ÞªÑ¥÷¦³¤½¥q-¼ö¤ô¾÷
Here is their email address f2368348@yahoo.com.tw

"Chinese characters are logographs used to write the Chinese languages and others from regions historically influenced by Chinese culture. Chinese characters have a documented history spanning over three millennia, representing one of the four independent inventions of writing accepted by scholars; of these, they comprise the only writing system continuously used since its invention. Unlike letters in alphabets that reflect the sounds of speech, Chinese characters generally represent morphemes, the units of meaning in a language. Writing a language's entire vocabulary requires thousands of different characters. Characters are created according to several different principles, where aspects of both shape and pronunciation may be used to indicate the character's meaning."

In Taiwan traditional Chinese characters are used, while the mainland uses simplified characters. The difference in complexity is noticeable even to me, a non-Chinese speaker.

Understand you said you were done with this, however, my colleague in Taiwan reached out to the manufacturers, here's their response.

"This model of water heater was discontinued 20 years ago. You inquired about the pipe installation: the lower section should be the cold water inlet, and the upper section should be the hot water outlet. The part next to it should be the heat exchanger. This is the information we have. Thank you!"

Thank you for that. So the builder installed it wrong. Nice to have confirmation I got it right on reinstall.

So I'm replacing the shelf under my 1984 Khoudung 30ft.
The hot water discharge is on the BOTTOM. Relief and check valve both on bottom nipple. Not changed, this is original, labels right side up etc. Anybody with one like this ever check ?
Sounds arse about face to me. Slacken the s/steel bands and turn it through 180 degrees with the hot water outlet at the top. Heat rises right ! I would also fit a mixer valve to the hot water oulet and regulate the temp at 65 dgs centigrade to save anyone getting burnt.
I use 2 sites for spares, 1 in Germany called SVB24, the second is ASAP Supplies in Britain, loads of information and both ship all around the world.

Back
Top Bottom